MESA™ provides pipeline integrity assistance with CASED CROSSING ECDA implementation that ranges
from ECDA Plan modifications, Pre-Assessment, Indirect Inspections (field testing), Direct Examination
and Remediation of the Casing Integrity Components including Preparation to Fill Casings along with
completing all Process Documentation, either for your local or national Casing Integrity Program.
Establishing the cased crossing integrity is more than just testing for the casing condition (metallic
short, electrolytic couple or clear) and must include determining “the past, present and future corrosion
- 2012 deadline for performing initial integrity assessment of natural gas pipelines HCA’s.
- High Consequence Area’s (HCA’s) include cased crossings.
- PHMSA document released in 2010 gives guidance to assessing cased crossings by External Corrosion Direct Assessment (ECDA).
- Operators must implement either this guidance or an operator plan that will pass the rigor of these guide lines supporting audit protocol
- PHMSA states this document is for “guidance purposes, not enforceable, but may be used as audit protocol development guidance”
- Bellhole Excavations & Inspections
- Stray Current & Interference Analyses