Non-Destructive Testing (NDT)
MESA provides comprehensive inspection services of aboveground tanks in compliance with nationally recognized standards, such as the American Petroleum Institute (API), as well as Federal and State regulatory requirements. Aboveground storage tanks can be fabricated of metal or non-metallic materials, such as polyethylene or fiberglass-reinforced plastic (FRP), storing a wide range of products from petroleum to chemicals and waste material. With over 40 years of experience providing inspection of tanks and associated systems, MESA is ready to help you meet your State and Federal regulatory requirements and protect your tanks against deterioration and the potentially crippling costs of a cleanup. MESA has the skills and equipment to address your inspection requirements, from the development of an inspection program through return-to-service. Our experience will guide you through the process, preserving your assets and minimizing risk.
Reasons for Regular Inspection:
MESA can provide a wide range of inspection services for our customers, whether the reasons require Internal, External, Integrity, Formal, Compliance or simply Routine/Maintenance Inspections.
- Environmental Compliance: Both Federal (EPA) and State environmental regulations require the routine inspections of tanks, pipelines, and pressure vessels.
- Safety Compliance: OSHA Process Safety Management (PSM) and local fire regulations require inspections to protect your employees and the general public.
- DOT/Pipeline Safety Compliance: Both Federal (PHMSA) and State regulations call for the inspection of Distribution and Transmission pipelines and Breakout Tanks to maintain the integrity of the systems.
- Insurance Compliance: Periodic inspection by qualified personnel may be a means to maintain insurance coverage or reduce to your premiums.
- Costs: Routine inspections can translate to a reduction in operating and capital costs. When minor problems are found and corrected immediately, the possibility of a large spill and/or an expensive and time-consuming repair is reduced.
Our Natural Gas Distribution/Transmission Testing Services include:
MESA can offer a range of Direct and Indirect testing services for our customers with Natural Gas Distribution Systems, whether the system is clearly defined and laid out or starting from scratch.
- Pipe, Cable, and RF Marker Locating with Radio Frequency Devices
- Cathodic Protection Testing, Troubleshooting, Installation, and Repair
- Gas Leak Detection Survey with Flame Ionization Detectors and 4-Gas Monitoring Equipment
- Supervision of Valve Operability Testing
- Visual/Atmospheric Inspections of Aboveground Components
- Inspection and Application of Coatings
other key services
Newsletter: Sign up for our monthly email and get exclusive store coupons, industry expert tips and more!